Thursday, May 27, 2010

Why do we homeschool?


Just one of the reasons is that we want to instill a love and hunger in our kids hearts for God's precious word. (before anyone feels offended, I am obviously not saying that you have to homeschool in order to be able to do that. Homeschooling is just what we believe to be best for our family. No one elses. We have many friends whose kids love the Lord and His word, and .... they attend school!! OK?)

Onwards........ one of the fears that I have always had about homeschooling is that I would not be able to teach my kids to read. So the joy (and relief) I feel when I walk into the room and see Georgia curled up in front of the fire with her Bible is something that I am so thankful for. Just a few minutes after taking this picture, Lucy was curled up next to Georgia listening to her sister read. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment