Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rainy dreaming...



This autumnal rainy weather always makes me feel like it is Christmas. We spent almost 6 years in the UK and this weather is Christmas weather!! One of the funnest things we did one year was go to a Christmas Market in Germany. It was a winter wonderland. The stalls with hand made crafts, food, roasted nuts, hot chocolate, - it has forever spoiled Christmas for me (in the festive sense obviously) because these summer NZ Christmasses just don't do it for me anymore!! Christmas should be cold. It should be strewn with fairy lights and the air should hang heavy with the smell of roasted nuts. There should be candles and adorable little wooden houses with smoke coming out the chimney. But still, this year when we do celebrate Christmas with the smell of BBQ's hanging in the air and the kids outside on their new bikes or scooters, our hearts will still be reminded of a Saviour, born to take the sin of the world. Born in a barn and placed by loving hands in a manger.

"For God so loved the whole world that he gave His only Son that whosoever should believe in Him, should not perish but shall have everlasting life" John 3:16.






1 comment:

  1. Hello! I saw you stopped by Windy Poplars today via BlogFrog, so I thought I'd come by and pay you a visit! Beautiful post on Christmas. That looks just magical! I've got some friends in Aussieland, and it's just so foreign to me when they talk about their short-sleeved Christmas celebrations on the barbie! Are you originally from the US? We've always wanted to visit NZ - it looks so beautiful there. Everytime we're in awe of the scenery in a movie, we always stay and watch the credits to see where it was filmed, and it's NZ every time! Crazy, huh?! Oh, and I saw the first site on your Blogroll: Girl talk! Connection! We're a part of Sovereign Grace which is the church family that the Mahaney girl's dad/husband helped start. Small world :-) Well, I'm off to begin my day. Thanks for stopping by- I hope you'll visit again sometime...always love getting to know new people!~Kristin from Windy Poplars

    ReplyDelete