Friday, May 21, 2010

Friends



Two years ago we were here....

My Bryan was graduating with his Doctorate from the Masters Seminary. We were blessed hugely to be able to travel to Los Angeles for the graduation - it was such an exciting and actually an emotional time. The ministry that this seminary and church have had to us - individually and as a couple - has been HUGE!! We have been grown and taught and loved and supported and encouraged.... and so much more. And one of the best blessings has been friends. The kind of friends that you know you don't just make everyday. As I sit here and type with tears in my eyes I am just so aware how blessed we are to have such friendships. The world we live in is a hard place. And since that time two years ago the Lord has seen fit to have us walk through the fire - and we have been so thankful for that. A time of growth and pruning like never before. And through that time the love of friends has often been a soothing balm to a hurt soul. The Lord is so good to me to provide fellowship and love through His people. Friends such as these are just one expression of His great love and concern for me. I am thankful. I guess I just wish we didn't live so far away.... :)


I have one more thing to say. "What the heck was I thinking with that haircut?!" hehe...


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mrs. M!

    Thanks for your interest in the swap! Unfortunately, we've already reached our maximum number of swappers and partners have already been matched up and informed of their partner! Whew - anyway, I don't think we had anyone else in NZ, Australia though. Perhaps you'll be able to join in next time!

    Have a great weekend,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. sniff.... Oh, I miss you! Has it really been over two years? It actually feels like more than that. I remember how bittersweet it was. Being together was so good, so sweet. But it made the goodbye even more painful. It was worth it, though.

    You are so much in my prayers. I meditated on Psalm 121 this morning and though of you. The Lord, the maker of heaven and earth, will help you, keep you, protect you, and guard you, from this time forth and forever! Praise the Lord!

    Oh, and I liked your haircut!!

    ReplyDelete