Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I am sorry...


but this fritatta is so darn good I have to share it.

Here is the official geek um I mean Masterchief judge ...
we got the double thumbs up people 
(I know you can't get over how excited he is about the meat free meal...)

hehe...

So... you want the recipe?

Sure!

Rachels Fritatta (thanks Rach!)

400g kumera (sweet potato) peeled and cubed
5 eggs lightly beaten
420g tin creamed corn
2 cloves crushed garlic
salt
pepper
100g crumbled cheese (I used Edam)

Pre-heat oven to 180 (gas mark 5)
Grease a 16cm square baking dish

Boil kumera till tender and drain. Place egg, corn, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
Combine sweet potato and cheese in the baking dish and then pour the egg mixture over making sure it's evenly distributed. 

Bake for 25 mins or till golden brown on top
Serve with vege or a salad and crunchy bread

PS - fresh vege from garden stir fried in butter.... ooooh yeah... can't beat it!

xx


4 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! Sounds awesome! What's in the veg? Green beans and ? <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - (missing you!!!) The vege was beans, courgettes, red and yellow cherry tomatoes and grated beetroot... all fresh from my garden! xxx Wanna come over... I'll make it for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you enjoyed the frittata! The stirfried veges look YUMMY! This is one of my favs. Bryan looks absolutely delighted ...."Do you like what I have done with my body .... I mean food choices?" Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete