Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Changing Rooms

Most of you will know by now that I get a real kick out of making my home lovely with bargains... and paint! For a while the tiny room that the girls have been sharing has been more than frustrating.... no storage, no room to play on the floor, no where to put clothes.... but we hung in there thinking of storage solutions, limiting the number of toys etc. However, enough has become enough. 
Goodbye guest room (hello sofa bed...)

I present to you... Changing rooms... the budget way!!

BEFORE
Remember this?

So... a bit of elbow grease and a day or two later....

Lucy's room - Princess High Tea theme of course!
I am still on the lookout for a cheap little table and chairs for her tea parties

I got the oven for $10 at Habitat 
  yeah!

Georgia's room.
She got the pink armchair for her 2nd birthday 
and it's been such a great gift.

The desk was $5 at Habitat. It was red and yellow with flames painted on it
- real elegant! hehe
Now it is a sweet desk for my girl.

The baby who is now a boy
Why oh why did I cut his hair... sniff sniff...

This shelf was also $5 at Habitat.
A couple of coats of paint and it's a lovely shelf for treasures.

I always had ideas of my kids sharing a room for the long haul.
Things are changing - for now at least.

I love walking past their rooms and seeing them playing, reading, writing, creating, dreaming
...just being little.
And sometimes you need just a little space to be little.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you are amazing! The rooms look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy when I get the urge to change rooms...watch out! Great job. I love how you are enjoying it. That makes it all worth it. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete